Saturday 29 May 2021

Back into Bolt action

 The last time I played Bolt Action was last year at Warbanner in Napier which I helped run as they were short handed for T.O's at the time. We did 650pts games on 4x4 tables with nothing that has armor heavier then a light tank.

So the battle I had today was based on those restrictions. My opponent used U.S Paras while i used Rommels Afrika korps. His forces were pure veteran consisting of a Officer, 3 squads of paras, sniper, MMG, and a bazooka team. My forces were all just trained consisting of an Officer, medic, 2 Heer infantry squads, pioneer squad, half-track and a armored car.


We played Key positions with 4 objectives in this game.

Battle of the bridges. Most of our forces centered on the closest bridge with just a few flanking squads on the other side

My Sdkfz222 arrives to help my lone squad on this flank.

Rommel directs the flow of traffic towards the enemy.
 
My opponents forces turn this farmhouse into a fire base which proves a tough nut to crack.

My flanking squad hold their own and keep the enemy on their side of the river.

Rommel Contemplating the next move with the battle at an end.


We finished up in a draw. We each held an objective each and one contested and one left unclaimed. Both my opponent and I intent to make the trip up to Warbanner this year. They have decided to run with what I did last year in terms of points, tables and missions.

 Here is a link to the players pack for Warbanner 2021 in Napier, NZ



No comments:

Post a Comment