Sunday 9 May 2021

Star wars Armada 800pts fleet battle.

 Today I welcomed a new player into the Armada fold at the moment he is just playing one of the new factions that have been introduced. As it was a teaching game I had my regular opponent come around and team up with him both using 400pts fleet each and I used 2x 400pts fleets myself. 

I was using Admirals Ackbar and Raddus and my ships were a Starhawk, MC80, MC75, 2x Assault frigate Mk2 and a GR75 transport supported but a small fighter wing. 

My opponents were using Admiral Yularen and Jedi Plo Koon and their shps where 2x Venators, 2x Acclamators, 2x Consular cruisers and a Pelta. Supported by a rather large Fighter wing. 

We were playing the Contested outpost mission.

The fleets ready for action.

The Starhawk dwarfs the MC80 home one while creeping in towards the station.

The 2 AFMk2 hold the flank while the Starhawk claims the station on turn 2.

With the first Acclamator gone the 2 AFMk2's move in on the Venator which had just launched a whole lot of fighters at my small fighter wing.

The Home one anchors my right flank keeping the support ships busy. Giving my Starhawk time to bring in reinforcements.

The Starhawk with Raddus onboard calls in the MC75 from hyperspace and it dispatches with the first Venator with a powerful salvo into its rear arc.

My opponents start to wrestle control of the station away from me and claim it on turn 4.

The unarmed GR75 keeps its distance offering the support in can giving out tokens to help in the fight.

The Starhawk and 2nd Venator after being in the thick of the fight for so long finally succumb to their wounds. At this point my opponents had fighter supremacy but it was too late.


A good days gaming was had by all. My forces came out victorious albeit battered and bruised. I had lost my Starhawk all my fighters and 2 ships where on the verge of death. My opponents had lost 2 Venators an Acclamator and a Consular cruiser. I held the station for 3 turns and they held it for 1.

I look forward to my next game and hopefully by then Separatist fleet I ordered will have arrive and I can give the Roger Roger ago.









No comments:

Post a Comment