Tuesday 22 September 2015

X-wing road to Nationals

Cerberus games in Wellington held a 100pts X-wing event called Road to Nationals. This was open to everyone that wanted to enter not just those that where going to nationals. There where 14 people at this event a few had to drop out so it was a bit smaller then usual. The event was over 4 rounds each lasting 75min.

Game 1 vs Paul Johnson

Paul was running Scum with an IG88 and Boba Fett

I decided to focus fire on Boba fett and leave IG88 till later

My tie bomber and one of my tie fighters went down in the first 2 rounds of fire.

I was soon down to my last ship with me not landing many hits wasn't even close to downing one of his.
In the end Paul had killed all 100pts of mine while I didnt even get one of his ships down to half health so getting 0pts. A good win to Paul.

Game 2 vs Brent Fletcher.

My brother was running 3 tie advanced with Darth Vader, Maarek Stele and Juno Eclipse.

We ended up circling each other for the first two moves.

But once the combat began I must say that Brent's dice abandoned him completely. this decided the outcome of the game within 2 rounds of combat.

Everyone disperses for their next attack run.

With Brent down to his last ship Juno was targeted by everyone but not before Brent got off some parting shots getting my firespray down to half health.

This battle was quite one sided. The first few rounds of combat being marred by some very bad dice on Brent's part in both attack and defense. I killed 100pts in the end and Brent got half points for  getting my firespray down to half health so he scored 20pts.

Game 3 vs Lincoln Hely

Lincoln was running a Hounds tooth, Firespray and an IG88 scum list.

The first round of combat my tie bomber went down very quickly

My Firespary tried to get some distance to get another run on the enemy while my tie fighters nipped at their heels.


Down to my last tie fighter the outcome was inevitable but I managed to get his firespary before I died.
 
So that battle was another one sided affair but still a fun game I lost all 100pts but killed 35pts so at least had something to show for it.

Game 4 vs Will Quinn

Will was running a shuttle with the emperor aboard it a tie phantom and tie interceptor.

My first volley everything fired at the shuttle hoping I could get rid of his support abilities quickly.

This game quickly turned on me. with the interceptor and phantom being very greasy weasels my ships couldn't lay a hand on them. They were my down fall.
That game was over quickly and with the phantom and interceptor being very well flown I just couldn't counter with the tools I had available. I lost all 100pts but getting his shuttle below half health I got 14pts for my troubles.

Well in an effort to use imperial more as i'm mainly a Rebel player I learnt a few things flying these ships such as the tie bomber wasn't much good would of been better with maybe 2 more tie fighters. Plus being able to barrel roll and arc dodge is a big thing I need to get more use to with my maneuvering. Anyway I enjoyed the day and will be back for more even managed to pick up a spot prize some card sleeves for my pilot cards which have a light sabre on them which is fitting for X-wing.

The final points tally.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment