Monday 3 October 2016

WarBanner 2016

This year I have decided to travel to Napier/Hastings for Warbanner which is usually a Warhammer event but this year is offering Flames of war. So when my good friend Warren suggested we go up as he has a place to stay sorted I couldn't say no. So we will traveling up on Friday night for the weekends gaming (I will have to tape the Bathurst 1000). The event is 1625pts late war Ive chosen to go with a list out of the Remagen book which has lots of toys i've wanted to use for a while. Purshings, Sherman crocs and jumbos to name a few.

This is what I went with.

US Tank Company (9th Armored Division) from Bridge at Remagen,

Company HQ - CinC M4A3 Sherman (late) (105 pts)
- Replace M4A3 Sherman (late) with M4A3E2 Jumbo (only one per HQ) (40 pts)

Heavy Tank Platoon - Command T26E4 Super Pershing (275 pts)

Tank Platoon - 1x Command M4A3 Sherman (late), 3x M4A3 Sherman (late) (415 pts)
- 3x Equip Sherman (unless up-armoured or Jumbo) with improvised armor (15 pts)
- Replace M4A3 Sherman (late) with M4A3E2 Jumbo (only one per platoon) (40 pts)
- Replace M4A3 Sherman (late) with M4A3E8 Easy Eight (up to 3 per platoon) (45 pts)
- Replace M4A3 Sherman (late) with M4A3E8 Easy Eight (up to 3 per platoon) (45 pts)
- Replace M4A3 Sherman (late) with M4A3 (105mm) HVSS (only one per company) (-30 pts)

Mine Exploder Tank Platoon - Command M4 Sherman Crocodile, M4 Sherman Crocodile (140 pts)

Rifle Platoon - Command Rifle, 9x Rifle, Bazooka (200 pts)
- 2x Replace Rifle with Bazooka (10 pts)

Cavalry Recon Platoon - Command M8 Armored car, Mortar Jeep, Recon Jeep (90 pts)
- Replace M8 Armored car with a M5A1 Stuart (15 pts)

Armored Artillery Battery - Command Carbine, Staff, M4 Sherman OP, 3x M7 Priest HMC (220 pts)

1625 Points, 6 Platoons

Ready to roll out

My two Sherman Crocs

My C.O and Super Purshing.

Recon and M7 Priest artillery.

Two E8 Sherman's, Jumbo and a 105mm Sherman

And some infantry to sit on an objective or dig out enemy infantry.

Well I hope to be able to Auto attack with my army because of the Crocs so should have my whole army on most of the time. So hopefully I can put the pressure on the defender with being very mobile and dig them out quite quickly before their reserves arrive to counter attack.



1 comment:

  1. Looking good John , with all the US late war toys there it should be a fun list
    I didnt realise you could take the Stuart upgrade for the recon platoon - I must look into this as it sounds a good idea to me

    ReplyDelete