Tuesday 12 May 2015

X-Wing Escalation at Cerberus Games

The I had an enjoyable Sunday of gaming playing X-wing at Cerberus Games doing an escalation event they were running I played 4 games vs a good mixture of ships factions and people.

Game 1 was 60pts vs my x-wing sparing partner Michael we both were Rebel and knew each others play style and strategy well so I expected a close fight.

My 2 B-wings vs Mikes A-wing and E-wing

Auto Blasters open fire

Everyone scatters to regroup

With the E-wing gone I can make quick work of the A-wing

Or so i thought he managed to take out one of my ships before i downed him.
So after a close win vs Michael It wasn't long before round 2 started. Game 2 was 90pts vs Steven Morris he would be using scum and villainy a faction I had only played once so far so I expected plenty of surprising under handed tactics buy the scum forces.


My 2 B-wings and Wedge in he X-wing vs 2 Z95 head hunters a HWK-290 and a star viper

In the first volley my B-wings take out a Z95

Steven concentrates fire on my B-wings knowing how good my auto blasters are and a B-wing Dies.

Another B-wing goes this isn't looking good for Wedge
Wedge not happy with losing his wing men the systematically hunts down and kills every last ship in Steven's squadron.
This game was a classic example of it ain't over till the fat lady sings as they say being down 3 ships to one is usually game over but good dice and good use of skills kept me in this game for a win. Game 3 would be 120pts vs Paul Johnson he was using the evil forces of the Empire. Can you tell I'm a Rebel player.

Paul's forces consisted of 4 Tie fighters and 2 Tie interceptors. My force had the addition of Garven in his X-wing.

First blood to me as a Tie fighter burns

I lose a B-wing and an X-wing in the next round of combat

another Tie fighter dies. Could Garven repeat Wedges heroics from the last game.

Sadly Not but before his demise he took another Tie fighter with him.

With Paul concentrating massive firepower on my ships I just couldn't evade all that fire. Especially with the B-wings only having 1 evade dice per combat. A good win to Paul I must get my self one of the laser line things he had great for seeing if you are in L.O.S. Game 4 was 150pts and the final round this would be vs Lincon Hely he was using scum forces so I got to triple my scum playing experience.

I had a Y-wing piloted by Horton Salm Lincon had a Firespray, Z95, HWk-290, Star viper and a Y-wing

I lose an X-wing in the first exchange of fire

The second X-wing goes down in quick succession. My Y-wing keeps Lincon's Y-wing Ionized

I kill the Z95 and start to damage other ships trying to kill all the smaller stuff so every one can the focus on the Firespray.

I down His Z95 leaving his 2 ships but in the end we ran out of time but had it gone on much longer I would of lost anyway. I had two very damaged ships where as Lincon had an untouched Firespary and only slight damage to his star viper.
In the end I had a great days gaming my brother Brent had fun too meeting new people he played Empire and was really happy to get a win. I think overall I finished 10th out of 16 players. The main downside to my list was the lack of evade dice which cost me in the last 2 games i think with my B-wings being such magnets for punishment and the X-wings only having 5 hit points ment it didn't take long to die with such a small force. But I look forward to the next one.





2 comments:

  1. I found the whole thing really enjoyable and the players were all really cool people :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same here I enjoy it almost always the only thing is the lack of space some times.

    ReplyDelete